Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PFI0 on cDAQ 9132 as DI?

Hi,

a quick question: Is it possible to use the PFI0 on cDAQ 9132 as a readable Digital input, instead of a timing source/trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,955 Views)

Hi fredlaks, 

I had a look in the reference manual for the cDAQ 9132 (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371801b.pdf) and under the 'Module PFI Characteristics' on page 6, the manual states:

"Functionality: Static digital input, static digital output, timing input, and timing output"

So I would assume that this means it is possible. 

I have attempted to simulate the cDAQ 9132 device but I was unable to target the PFI line as a static digital line. 

I believe this is because the option is only available when running the RTOS. As I don't have the hardware I am unable to confirm my suspicion, but hopes this at least clarifies the situation for you.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Smith 

I hope thi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,907 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the RTOS

I have been trying a bit today, and i am also unable to target the PFI0 when setting up a DI channel.

I tried another approach by setting up the PFI0 as input to one of the internal counters in the cDAQ. Now i can access the PFI0, but i cannot access the counter. The internal counters simply doesn't appear as a selectable resource.

I am using a very simple example to test with at the moment. The example is for cDAQ 9178, but i would assume that the process to set up a PFI0 edge counter would be identical on 9132.

The route between PFI0 and Counter0-3 mappears green in MAX (under cDAQ->Device routes), so it should be possible to use the PFI0 as input to counters. Is there anything i am missing, do i have to enable the counters somewhere or something? I am quite new to the cDAQ, btw.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,903 Views)

Hi fredlaks, 

I've had another look into this and attempted to do the same thing with a differnt cDAQ chassis. I don't believe this is possible. 

I think the information I eluded to in my previous message is actually referring to routing the pfi line to a module and not the controller. The extract I quoted to you was under the 'Module PFI Characteristics' heading and not under the 'Controller PFI Characteristics' heading.

Hope you manage to solve your issues some alturnative way. 

Kind Regards, 

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,882 Views)