Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NiDAQmx From C++

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to acquire and process readings from an NI 9203 module in a cDAQ9184 chassis. The chassis contains other modules which are read by other software. As I understand it, only one application can reserve the chassis and if thats true then I guess I will have to read from all of the modules in the chassis then pass the data from the other modules to the other software.

Is the best way to do this to create a task for each module and have a separate  'EveryNCallback' function? This seems a bit over the top, especially because there are actually two chassis on the network.

Would it be better to declare global virtual channels using MAX. Would this allow both my software and the other software to access data. This also raises the question as to how fast the virtual channels are updated.

Sorry if these questions are dumb but I am a DAQmx noob.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,925 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Software_Monkey

My advise would be to keep all your data aquisition in one program, for example you can do your data aquistion in LabVIEW then use the DLL node to pass the data into your C++ code for prossessing. see what you think.

James

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,861 Views)