From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HiLOGGER LR8431 with LabVIEW - read data real time

Hello!

I'm having a problem with using HiLOGGER with LabVIEW. I have a school project and I need to use an existing logging-solution that are using Hioki: MEMORY HiLOGGER LR8431. So far I've made a program that reads and analyses the loggfile.

Now i want to open for real time monitoring but I dont see how i can get real time data from the HiLOGGER in to LabVIEW. Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,726 Views)

Hi,

I've never used the HiLOGGER myself, but I was looking through the HiLOGGER manual and if I am reading this correctly, the waveforms, numerical values and even alarm output states can be read in real-time through a USB connection to a computer. Then it may actually be possible to use the NI-VISA functions to obtain this data into LabVIEW. There are several USB communication VI examples in LabVIEW and a tutorial for communicating with USB devices:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4478/en/

I think the important bit in the above tutorial would be Section 3: Using NI-VISA to Communicate with Your USB Device. This discusses the methods of communicating with different USB protocols.

You could try this out and check whether that helps in acquiring the data.

Best Regards,

Jeneni

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,666 Views)