Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Daq Assistant with an extensometer

I am using an extensometer to measure strain with daq assitant.  The extensometer hooked up to a NI 9237 card and cdaq-9127 box.  As I was testing my extensometer, I was not getting the values I was expecting with my output.  I was measuring it originally using a strain channel, but I was wondering if maybe I should be using a different type of channel like bridge.  Does anybody know the best way to approach this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,747 Views)

Hi,

Which type of channel you should use really depends on your sensor and how you are hooking it up to the 9237.  Could you tell me what kind of extensometer you are using and how you are connecting it to the 9237?  Are you programming in LabVIEW?

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,735 Views)

Hi

ı am also using scxi 1520 card with scxi 1000 chasis. I am trying to get signal from epsilon extensometer with code of 3542 and 3575. I can just get voltage as signal but i need strain values. even i made the shunt calibration still i can not get the strain values from these extensometer. I am using custom excitation voltage as a input so how can convert the voltage value to strain value?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,407 Views)

Hi,

Please refer to the document below for more information about Measuring Strain.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3642/en/

As a suggestion, try to verify the wiring using the Connection Diagram Tab of the DAQ Assistant. Also try to review the settings of your task (Max and Min value supported by your sensor, Excitation voltage).

The NI 9237 can supply a max of 150mW of excitation power. If your bridge-based sensor require more than that then you will require using external excitation.

Regards,

MCOTO

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,392 Views)

Could you provide a link to a LabVIEW setup I can recreate to measure using an Epsilon Model 3549 Furnace Extensometer?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,429 Views)