Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use GNUradio plus Labview on multifunction I/O for software defined radio

Hi I want to do some signal transmission testing with multifunction I/O USB6361, mainly the SNR and BER under different physical channels and under different modulation algorithm. I already have all those modulation/demodulation algorithms build on GNUradio because I use hackrf one to do the testing before.

Now I want to switch to the national instrument. I already have the transmitter and receiver, My question is: am I able to use GNUradio and Labview basic on those I/O interface? For example, I only use Labview to transmit the saved file and save the received signal to another file. And then do all the mod/demod on GNUradio on my computer. Does anyone try that before?

Or I need to purchase the Labview development version which comes with the signal processing toolkits itself.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,668 Views)

If the question regards just using LabVIEW to send and receive inputs from the USB-6361 DAQ device, then I don't believe you need anything more complicated than the LabVIEW Basic version (note, this is a development version). A table comparing the versions can be found here: Buy LabVIEW. You can see here that "Acquiring data from NI Hardware" is ticked for all three types.

However, if you're wanting to do anything involving the more advanced toolkits, it might be cheaper to buy for example the Full or Professional versions, which include a more wide range of functionality. It doesn't sound like this is currently describing your use-case?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,638 Views)