From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb modules from NI ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day..

I have a question related to a mass flow controller...

I have a daq chassis to whom i connect one external sensor as an anologic input, but i have two more sensors with usb output conected to the same VI application using three usb ports, everything works well, but...

My question is, are there any Labview modules options to connect them (the two external usb instruments) to the chassis in order to use just one usb port and not three as i using now ?

thanks in advances

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author riotimus

Hello riotmus

I think I understand your situation. You want to know if there is a way to connect the two USB sensors to your cDAQ so in this way only use one USB port from your PC, am I right?

Unfortunately, NI does not have a module of USBs and there are other methods like using the USB ports of the Chassis (depending on which chassis you have) but this could be way more complicated.

What I can think you can try is using a USB HUB, the only thing here is that the bandwidth is going to be shared between the three components in this case but depending on the throughput you will be using this could be a good approach.

Message 2 of 2
(2,952 Views)