From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied floating values

Hi everybody,

I have some doubts on using DAQ usb 6211 the voltage reading in RSE mode which it was unsatisfiable i have created a program using daqmx functions and initialised with min val 0 and max val 10 and the given input config is RSE mode when i was i trying to read the values it reads the values in opposite side and sits at certain peak point at -10.62 i don't know how to config the min & max values and set it constant, if anybody knows give some idea to that and i have attached my simple vi with this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,870 Views)

First thing: A quick look up in the 6211 spec will show that the unit supports +-10V range, but not a 0-10V range, so the DAQmx driver will choose that range.

Second: If you read the manual you migth have found that you need to provide a bias current path on your input. Yes, the input outputs a tiny current called bias current, and without a draining path this current loads the small input capacity and results in a voltage that increase (or decrease, depending on current sign) until it reaches the input limit... your -10.62V that matches quite well the max range from the spec of about +-10.4V. So my assumtion is that you have a floating or no source connected 🙂

RTFM help 😄 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,835 Views)