Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access DAQ assistant in LabVIEW 2016 trial version

Hello,

I am trying to use NI USB-6212 DAQ on windows 7 and have installed the device drivers for it but cannot access it in LabVIEW. I am currently using LabVIEW 2016 trial version. Any help?

Thanks.

- Shishir

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,018 Views)

Which version of the DAQmx driver are you using? Also, did you install the driver after you installed LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,979 Views)

I am using the DAQmx 16.1.0. And I did install it after installing Labview. Still don't know what the problem is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,961 Views)

Do you receive any errors when you open NI MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,941 Views)

No. I am able to run the DAQ in NI MAX and complete self test. The software is there. When I go to labview, I don't get the DAQ assistant option. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,938 Views)

Are you able to access the DAQmx API Pallet on the block diagram within your VI? This is located on the block diagram when you right click (Measurement I/o -> NI DAQmx). This is where the DAQ Assistant will be located but we can also use the other DAQmx VIs for configuring your channels and acquiring data. There are multiple examples within the NI Example Finder for acquiring data through this process and it is the approach I typically recommend for Data Acquisition. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,934 Views)

There is no DAQmx API Pallet on the block diagram (Measurement I/o -> NI DAQmx). I don't see it in the express VI's also. Is this just a limitation of trial version or there is some other problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,932 Views)

I installed everything on windows 10 and it works.....but not on windows 7. Is there any particular reason for that?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,913 Views)

Yeah it shouldn't have been an issue of a trial version vs. a full version. So since we were able to install the software on Windows 10 successfully it seems like there was an issue with the install of the NI-DAQmx driver during the previous installation process. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,892 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did you found solution ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,468 Views)