Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USE 6009 does not register properly

Solved!
Go to solution

Problem : My USB 6009 does not seem to register as a DAQ device with either Labview 2013 or NI MAX, it has the symbol for a USB device instead of a DAQ device and it has no properties or anything like that (cannot test it, etc), it just lists the serial number, type, address and other trivial things.

I have tried: Changing the USB ports (as I saw someone previously having a similar problem), this didn't help (all it does is change the address). I looked in my device manager, it registers there as a "Data Acquistion Device" and asserts that all hardware is installed and up to date. I am also currently repairing my DAQmx install in case that is the problem.

I am running Windows 7 sp1 and am unsure how to proceed as I have only recently acquired the USB 6009. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hope you can help!

-INeededAName

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,501 Views)

Do you have the latest version of DAQmx installed?

http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/nidaqmx.htm

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by INeededAName
Hi,

I've looked into other people having similar issues, and it primarily boils down the the DAQmx drivers. As you've mentioned, please repair the DAQmx install and reboot your PC. If you still have the same problem after that, ping us a message, and we'll see what else we can do.

Best Regards,

Soloman
Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,471 Views)

I thought I repaired it properly, but I may delete and then reinstall just to make sure. I have confirmed that the USB 6009 works on a seperate computer, so it must be on my end. Will reinstall and keep you informed.

Thanks

-INeededAName

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,466 Views)

Another good tool to keep around is Device Remover.

Unplug your DAQ(s).

Download/install, run, under "Display Mode" choose "Show Only Hidden/Detached Devices".

Go through there and blow away "Data Acquisition Devices", unknown devices, etc.  I usually clean up Ports, HIDs, and USB controllers while i'm at it.

Make sure you've got the latest version of DAQmx installed, then reconnect your DAQ. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,459 Views)

Hey INeededAName,

First off, great username :), secondly since the 6009 worked on another computer could you possibly tell me the difference between the computers (ie, OS, Model etc) and also if you could send a screen shot of the device in MAX.

Regards,

Soloman

Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,445 Views)

NI Max has gone a bit weird now, so i'm gonna repair that as well. But I think I found the problem, my laptop has always been a bit weird and never started the NI Configuration Manager without me going into services and starting it manually and just below that is the NI Device Loader which is also not starting up. Plus, I can't start it up, I just get the "Error 1053: The service did not respond in a timely fashion."

NI Device loader sounds pretty critical to DAQ devices, what is the general consensus?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,437 Views)

Yep, gotcha. Reinstalled the latest DAQ (think I had an old version that wasn't updating for whatever reason) and did a windows update to try and fix the service error, everything seems to have worked out. The NI Configuration Manager and NI Device Loader actually start up properly now. I can actually test my device from NI-MAX and it identifies as "Dev1" now. Thanks for the help guys!

-INeededAName

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,428 Views)

From MAX you may also want to try the Reset Configuration Data from the tools menu.  Its possible something in the Configuration Manager database has gotten into a bad state.

Message 9 of 9
(4,423 Views)