cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-TC01 gives error -201165 "firmware for this device is too new"

Solved!
Go to solution

@AaronTheAE wrote:

Try this update utility http://www.ni.com/download/ni-instantdaq-firmware-update-utility-1.2/5284/en/

somehow I got it working on my desktop.  I finished coding the application and I am in the process of testing on the laptop we will be using.  The laptop is using the same devleopment environment on my desktop MAX 14.50f0 however it has labview 14.0.1f3 instead of 14.0.1

when using the 1.2 utility there is not difference showing in the firmware available for the device..  The firmware showing is 1.10f1 still.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(3,286 Views)

Have you tried resetting your MAX configuration data?

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(3,260 Views)

I imported the configuration data from the desktop, which worked.   I'll redo the settings and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(3,245 Views)

I reset the configuration data and rebooted.  then recreated the tasks and still get the error

Error - 201165 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi 7220001

possible reasons: firmware for this device is too new.

channel name Temperature

task name MyTemperatureTask

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(3,241 Views)

Have you tried updating your version of DAQmx? I would try updating to DAQmx 15.1 to see if that works. I believe the issue is that your firmware and your version of DAQmx aren't compatible.

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(3,211 Views)

upgrading to v15 worked for whatever reason.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(3,189 Views)

There is a version of the firmware on the USB TC01 that is only compatible with DAQmx versions up through 14.1 and another that is compatible with versions 14.5 and higher (though it may actually cut off at 15). It's nearly impossible to downgrade the firmware, so if updating the DAQmx driver works it is a much easier solution.

Glad I could help you with your issue!

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 27 of 40
(3,128 Views)

I have an old USB-TC01 that works on my current system.  I just bought a new one that is giving me the dreaded -201165 error. 

"... only compatible with DAQmx versions up through 14.1 and another that is compatible with versions 14.5 and higher...".  Does this statement mean that if I upgrade my DAQmx so that my new USB-TC01 will work that my old USB-TC01 won't work (only compatible ...through 14.1)

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(2,824 Views)

You can update the firmware on the old TC01, so that it will be compatible with recent versions of DAQmx.

Note that you will not be able to downgrade firmware later, so once the old device has been updated, it will not be compatible with DAQmx versions 14.1 or earlier.  So, for example, if you have multiple computers that you move your device between, they will all need to have drivers updated to 14.5 or later.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(2,818 Views)

I have same problem. I use Labbview 2011 and Daq Mx 9.8.0f0. I installed " NIInstantDAQFirmwareUpdate120.exe" and I see still same error. I have MAX 5.5.0f0. This definitely is a major bug with the USM-TC-01. Any suggestions? How did people here solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(2,740 Views)