Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-TC01 gives error -201165 "firmware for this device is too new"

Solved!
Go to solution

Not sure where else to post this, but the USB-TC01 uses DAQmx, so maybe somebody recognizes this.

I plug it in to the USB and it enumerates fine.  It runs the canned application just fine.

But when I try to take data under DAQmx 9.1.5 I get that curious mesage, along with the advice "Downgrade the firmware for this device"  I don't want to do that.

EDIT:  I see that the firmware on the device is 1.1.0f 1

The specs on the USB-TC01 do not say which version of DAQmx is needed, although 9.1.1 supports the device.

I have tried this on XP and Win7 with the same result.

TIA

Ed K

Message 1 of 40
(8,506 Views)
Why such an ancient version of DAQmx? Have you tried the latest?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 40
(8,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yafoteer

I suppose "ancient" is relative.  Budget and history have me at LV9 and I have to stay back on the DAQmx version.  But NI has finally caught me in its web and it is time for an upgrade.  A trial version of newer LV and DAQmx 9.9 solved it, of course.  I just wish the error message had been less bizarre.  At least it's here so somebody else can find an answer, no matter how obvious.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 40
(8,442 Views)
The latest version of DAQmx that LabVIEW 2009 can use is 9.7 - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

Did you try that?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 40
(8,435 Views)
Yep same error. Happens under MAX so not a LV issue. Surprised to see no other posts about this. I can't be the only ancient dinosaur out here.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 40
(8,430 Views)

I am also receiving this error (within NI Max) even after updating to DAQmx 14.2.  Does anyone else have experience fixing this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 40
(8,160 Views)

wbren,

Are you also using a USB-TC01? And what are your versions of LabVIEW, DAQmx, NI MAX, and the firmware on your device?

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 40
(8,130 Views)

Yes, I am also using the USB-TC01.

Firmware: 1.1.? (I remember seeing before, but it isn't showing up in MAX now that I have updated the driver)

Driver Version: 14.2.0f1

MAX: 14.0.0f0

Labview: 13.0.0

I have also tried on another PC with older drivers/MAX with the same result.

Driver: 9.7.5f1

MAX: 5.6.0f0

Labview: 13.0.0

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 40
(8,122 Views)

Hi wbren,

After some research, I found that there were issues with this device's firmware installer a while back, the new updated installer is here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-instantdaq-firmware-update-utility-1.2/5284/en/

It may also be worth while downloading the latest DAQ driver version 14.5 which supports LabVIEW 2013 and your USB TC01 found here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5/5212/en/

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 40
(8,095 Views)

I know this thread might be a bit old, but I'd just like to point out, that it might be a good idea to add a link to this software on the TC-01's support page, which was logically the first place I went for this. Note I experienced the same problems with daqmx 14.5, thankfully the firmware update fixed everything.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 40
(7,834 Views)