From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6341 Daq Edge Detection on Port 0

Hii,

I am using Port 0 for Digital Inputs as I need Waveform Info.(finite sampiling) .

I also want to do Edge detection with These 2 signals. I cant use the PFI10- 15 as they are used for other purposes.

any  Workaround for this Problem.

regards

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,646 Views)

Both constant-rate sampling and edge-detection based sampling would need ownership of the timing engine for the DI subsystem of the card.  There's only one such engine available however, so you won't be able to do both at the same time.

Can your app be reworked to use just one of those sampling methods?  For example, you can post-process your DI data from constant-rate sampling to do software-based change detection.  Alternatively, you could rely primarily on change detection for sampling and perhaps add a counter task that can keep track of timestamps for those change detection events.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,622 Views)

thanks Kevin,

I am using a totally different method now.

regards,

Akshay Parab

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,425 Views)

For the sake of future searchers, can you describe your chosen approach and hopefully post the code?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,411 Views)