cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6251analog trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I generate a  AO rectangular signal on AO0 (white) while playing a sin signal on AO1(red). I want to record on AIx while the rectangular signal's voltage is max. 

Diagram.png

Currently I route physically AO0 to PFI0 and use it as trigger for analog input:

Diagram.png

But the VI fails because AIx is not detecting the PFI0 trigger's edge. How to correct the VI in order to make it work proberly ?

Thanks

VI may be available here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discussions-au-sujet-de-NI/USB-6251-router-Analog-output-pour-trigger-Analog...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,807 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LnBn

Solution from Hafiz from asean.support: 

I have looked at your code and there was a problem with the acquisition setup of the AI channel.

Acquiring Analog Input was configured wrongly
In your code, you have set the program to use timing settings based on a waveform. However, when building the waveform, I believe you may have accidentally used the frequency, instead of the dt of the waveform to build it. Removing the reciprocal function ensures that the correct values are passed in. Originally, the sampling period of the AI was set to about 4000 seconds, which in turn causes the trigger to time out.
image001.gif

Do take note that the generation and acquisition is not done at exactly the same time. You can refer to the diagram below:

image003.gif

Thank you Hafiz !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,781 Views)