From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6229 Internal Error 88302

Hi,

I have been having a lot of trouble installing my USB-6229. I installed it on a machine running windows XP and Labview 2010. Currently I am running DAQmx 9.6.2 and my USB-6229 shows up in the Devices and Interfaces tree. Previously, I had tried DAQmx 9.6.0 and 9.8.0 and my USB-6229 would not show up in the tree (but curiously would show up ion the control panel>system>hardware>device manager). After searching the posts, I found that 9.6.0 should work with XP and the USB-6229, and it seems that it does- the device at least shows up in the tree. However, when I go to run the test panels on the USB-6229, I get the error "The self test failed. -88302  An internal error occurred."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,354 Views)

Hi Mac,

Try uninstalling all versions of DAQmx and then reinstalling the version of DAQmx 9.6.0. That error usually is a result from a file or download corruption in DAQmx or Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). It may also be a good idea to uninstall MAX before reinstalling the DAQmx.

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,330 Views)

Thanks, Noah. I tried your suggestion and did not have any luck. I even re-downloaded 9.6.0 and installed that version. Still having the same problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,312 Views)

Could you post a MAX technical report?

Here is a link that describes the process: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,285 Views)

Noah,

I ended up swapping my CPU out and that seemed to have worked. On the new computer, I just installed LV 2010 with the drivers that came with the disc and now my USB-6229 shows up in the devices tree and I am able to access and test it. So I guess it was some problem with the OS or CPU not allowing a clean driver install for some reason. Thanks for your help.

-Mac

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,256 Views)