Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6229 Internal Error 88302

Hi,

I have been having a lot of trouble installing my USB-6229. I installed it on a machine running windows XP and Labview 2010. Currently I am running DAQmx 9.6.2 and my USB-6229 shows up in the Devices and Interfaces tree. Previously, I had tried DAQmx 9.6.0 and 9.8.0 and my USB-6229 would not show up in the tree (but curiously would show up ion the control panel>system>hardware>device manager). After searching the posts, I found that 9.6.0 should work with XP and the USB-6229, and it seems that it does- the device at least shows up in the tree. However, when I go to run the test panels on the USB-6229, I get the error "The self test failed. -88302  An internal error occurred."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,338 Views)

Hi Mac,

Try uninstalling all versions of DAQmx and then reinstalling the version of DAQmx 9.6.0. That error usually is a result from a file or download corruption in DAQmx or Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). It may also be a good idea to uninstall MAX before reinstalling the DAQmx.

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,314 Views)

Thanks, Noah. I tried your suggestion and did not have any luck. I even re-downloaded 9.6.0 and installed that version. Still having the same problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,296 Views)

Could you post a MAX technical report?

Here is a link that describes the process: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,269 Views)

Noah,

I ended up swapping my CPU out and that seemed to have worked. On the new computer, I just installed LV 2010 with the drivers that came with the disc and now my USB-6229 shows up in the devices tree and I am able to access and test it. So I guess it was some problem with the OS or CPU not allowing a clean driver install for some reason. Thanks for your help.

-Mac

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,240 Views)