Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6221 problems in Windows7 with DaqMX 14.1 Error -50808

A little background, we have a working product in XP that uses the USB 6221 module and is written using DaqMX 8.9 in a C++ program.

We are now moving towards supporting Window7.  We have upgraded to DaqMX 14.1 and simply recompiled our code with the new header files.

Everything works except it does not take too many runs before setting the samlping clock on a simple analog data collection task no longer works.  Randomly the call to "DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming" fails and returns error code -50808 which in the ni header file is "DAQmxErrorPALUSBTransactionError".  Note that this paticular error was not present in the 8.9 header file.  The values of the call to "DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming" are nothing crazy and sometimes the call works and sometimes the call returns the -50808 error code randomly.  

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here or what that error code REALLY means?

Lou 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,202 Views)

Hi Lou, 

I found a Knowledge Base article that talks about the error you're seeing: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AE7F2281D910D0E286257950005C5131?OpenDocument

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,162 Views)

I did go through the Knowledge Base article and tried all the suggestions.  Note that there is no other USB device being inserted or removed when we run our test and the 6221 is plugged into a seperately powered USB HUB.  Also all the USB ports are set to never "power off" automatically in Windows7.  This same setup works fine under XP and using Daqmx 8.9

If we can't find a solution to the situation we will not be able to ship our product much longer as customers want Windows7 and don't want XP.  What is the next step to resolving this issue?  Can I escalate this somehow?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,913 Views)
Have you tried on separate computers running Windows 7 and DAQmx 14.1? Does the same behavior occur on other machines?

If this is something you would like to escalate further, I would highly recommend creating a service request and contacting NI support (http://www.ni.com/support/). This would be a better option for troubleshooting an issue like this in a more timely manner.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,884 Views)