Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6211 Error - 301742

We have a test fixture using USB-6211. The fixture was working well, but the USB-6211 was due for calibration, so I replaced it with a spare one within calibration. I got an error after the replacement. Here is detailed error message.

Error - 301742 Occurred at NI-845x x I2C Run Script.vi:1

NI-845x: The slave did not acknowledge an address+ direction byte transmitted by the I2C master. Reaons include incorrect address set in the I2C configuration or the incorrect use of the 7-bit address.

When entering an address to access a 7-bit device, do not include the direction but. The NI-485x Basic I2C API internally sets the direction but to the correct value, depending on the function (write or read). If your datasheet specifies the 7-bit device address as a byte, discard the direction bit (bit 0) and right-shift the byte value by one to create the 7-bit address. 

Then I tried another spare USB-6211, and get the same error message. I thought it should be a plug-n-play swap. Is there anything I need to do? Thanks for your help in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,274 Views)

How does the test system detect which DAQ to use?  (Is it hard-wired to use "Dev1/"?)

Fire up MAX, drop down Devices and Interfaces, rename the DevX's so the new DAQ is using the old one's name. 

Or change the "DevX" in the software, if that's easier...

I feel like the error you're getting is the error that bubbles up to the top, but the issue is a higher-level connection/communication-with-the-device problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,268 Views)