From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6211 Analog Outputs won't go below 3.375V

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using a 6211 to output 0-5V pulses on the analog output channels using an external clock as a trigger, and after succesfully using the system for a while I've ended up with an issue where neither of the AO channels will output voltages below 3.375V. My current theory is that I may have exceeded the 2mA max current output, but I don't know how that would result in what seems to be a permanent voltage.

I've reset the device and tried using other computers, but the problem remains. I ran the diagnostic utility, and it fails the AO part when it tries to output 0V and reads back the 3V but it gave me no further information. All other portions of the diagnostic are fine.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm a bit stuck on my troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,228 Views)

Hi Airgunner,

Have you verified the voltage output using a DMM or a Scope? The fact that it's failing the self-test makes me think that it could need to be RMAed. Because it may be a hardware problem, you should really call into the support line, (866)-275-6964, and make a Service Request, so that our support team can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
Message 2 of 4
(3,200 Views)

Hi Kathryn,

I've looked at it with 2 DMM's and a scope. My concern is that we don't have a service contract to my knowledge, and the card is from 2012. At this point I agree that it is probably a hardware issue, does NI do service requests on a one-time basis or would I need a larger service contract?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,198 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author airgunner1

Hi Airgunner1,

I'm not entirely sure, as I've never worked that side of the process, but if you call in they should be able to tell you what your options are. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
Message 4 of 4
(3,195 Views)