From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009 overflow error on continuous mode after restart of VI

I installed DAWmx 9.4 but still don't see that particular property. I'm looking in a daqmx channel property node under AI - General Properties - Advanced - Data transfer and Memory. Is that the wrong location?  Wait, do I have to be developing with Windows 7 to see that property?? I'm developing w XP but deploying to a Win 7 computer. Thanks. This is with USB 6008. 

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 69
(2,079 Views)

This is where you should see it

aiusb.png

Hopefully that helps.

Jacob K

Jacob K
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 69
(2,068 Views)

Tried with both OEM and regular 6008 and 6009 and I still don't see that property. I'm developing on a windows XP machine, LV 2011, DAQmx 9.4. 

niforum.JPG

Some more information on the problem: 

I am deploying on a Fujitsu tablet Q550. Windows 7 Labview 2011. I realize this may be borderline in terms of computing power however, I have run for several hours sampling at 50hz on 4 channels without a problem. It's only if I exit and restart the program that the board locks up. It won't respond even in MAX (tried resetting) until I unplug it and plug it back in.

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 69
(2,060 Views)

Hey mattvx,

If you installed DAQmx 9.4, then the that property should be there. If it's not showing up, then something may have not installed correctly, so try installing DAQmx 9.4 again to see if that property appears.

Hope this works for you,

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 69
(2,023 Views)

Are you filtering your property node by some subset of hardware that doesn't include the property in question?

You can right-click the property node and choose "Select Filter..." to configure this.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 65 of 69
(2,021 Views)

Ohh I had "show attributes for configured devices" checked so even with the device (6008) plugged in it wasn't showing up. When I choose "show all" everything is there. I had never used the filter option before; is it new? Thanks for the help. I'll give the usbxferreqcount a try now and see if it works. 

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 69
(2,001 Views)

Good to know--that attribute should show up though if the 6008 is plugged in--I can file a corrective action request on the behavior.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 69
(1,997 Views)

Update - Tested the same software on an HP Slate tablet and a Lenovo all-in-one and I don't have any problem restarting the software. These machines are also both windows 7 (HP-32bit; Lenovo 64bit).

On the Fujitsu everything works when USBxferreqcount = 1! Thanks for the help.

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 69
(1,974 Views)

I have read 2-3 pages of this section. I am giving the exact answer for this problem.

First of all, I am using USB-6009 daq board for data acquisition using DELL computer. I have read most of the blog related changing computer for solution of that error.

The solution of this problem is user must build .exe file using labview. When you build .exe file, that error is eliminated. This error is not stemming from buffer overflow or something. DEscription for this error is not useful. This error comes from the protocol problem between computer and daq board.

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 69
(1,240 Views)