Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009 analog output

Hi all,

I am working with an NI USB-6009 to generate an analog output voltage via Matlab. There are two analog output channels (AO0, AO1), but I can only get one of them to work. For AO1, I can easily set any voltage between 0 and 5 V, and it responds exactly as I would expect. For AO0, the voltage is constantly at 0.3 V, regarless of what voltage I set in software. At this point I am assuming that some internal component has blown out on that channel and I'll probably have to replace the whole board, but before I do so I wanted to see if there may be some behind-the-scenes parameter that I could have overlooked that may be preventing me from updating the voltage. Below is an example of the Matlab code that has worked succesfully for AO1 but does not work when I switch to AO0.

onVoltage=4;
offVoltage=0;
s=daq.createSession('ni');
addAnalogOutputChannel(s,'dev1','ao1','Voltage');
outputSingleScan(s,onVoltage)
pause(3)
outputSingleScan(s,offVoltage)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,880 Views)

Hi Alyssa,

Have you tried outputting a known voltage from Test Panels in NI MAX? If you don't have this installed, it's a free download from the National Instruments website (you can get it by downloading the NI System Configuration Package).

In MAX, open the "Devices and Interfaces" dropdown, right-click your 6009 and click "Test Panels." Tab over to Analog Output and test both AO channels to see if you can read the voltage you're outputting.

Message 2 of 4
(2,836 Views)

Hi Nboni,

Thank you for the reply. Unforutnately, I already tried out the test panels and had the same problem.

@nboni wrote:

Hi Alyssa,

Have you tried outputting a known voltage from Test Panels in NI MAX? If you don't have this installed, it's a free download from the National Instruments website (you can get it by downloading the NI System Configuration Package).

In MAX, open the "Devices and Interfaces" dropdown, right-click your 6009 and click "Test Panels." Tab over to Analog Output and test both AO channels to see if you can read the voltage you're outputting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,829 Views)

If you tried the test panel and have the same problem,  Yeah. that channel is toasted (bad broken needs repair)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 4
(2,825 Views)