cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009 Digital Input issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using USB 6009. I've issue in Digital Input.I didnt connect anything on any channels. But all the DI/O channels generating 5 volts. And I tested the DI/Os in Test panel also.All the digital inputs are in high position . How could I use this ? Please suggest me the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,308 Views)
What issue? With nothing connected, you should be seeing a logic one on all pins. There is nothing being 'generated' when you have an input only setup.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,296 Views)

Thank you for your reply. Thing is I didnt get any changes depends on input at that particular channel. I've connected 5 V to that pin ( say port 0.0) its in high and its remains the same when i remove that voltage . No changes ( high or low ) in that channel.

I have read something about USB 6009. i.e when the device is start up it will be in high state. So I used inverted input logic. Its in off state .I got the same respone. Hope you got my point. And i'm reading the voltage i.e digital input. So there is nothing to discuss about 'generate'. But I could read 5 V at all DIO channels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,288 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bhar_s
You are the one that said it was generating 5V. And I said an open should be detected as a logic one. Connect a gnd to an input.

When it starts, all of the I/O default to inputs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bhar_s

By mistake I put that . That is not geneating. And i've connected ground to the digital input terminal,now it works well. So I guess I should follow sourcing based connection.Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,274 Views)

RTFM  migth have tell you that there are pull up resistors at the DIOs ....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,234 Views)