Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009. Can't collect data when the device work for several hours

Hello I am a user of USB-6009. I use it to acquire a signal(-8V ~ 8V, 50Hz) and I use the DAQ assistant to creat the task.. When the USB-6009 work for several hours, the devicet can't collect data suddenly and the indicator light of the device is off. The error out is DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi:2 Specified Device:Dev1 Task Name:_unnamedTask<0>. I want to know how to solve it. Regards Bill
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,945 Views)

Your problem is most likely that your computer is turning off the USB bus power.  This is a power-saving feature of Windows 7.  Go into the Device Manager and find the USB hub you are on.  In the properties is a Power Management tab.  Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,939 Views)

Power management, exactly.  Turn it off on the root hubs, and any/all "USB Hubs" on the system. 

Annoying "feature" of windows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,927 Views)

Thank you  for your answer.

However, after I Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", the device still can't collect data when work for several hours.

Do you know any  other possible causes?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,910 Views)

I have turn off them as you suggest. But the problem is not resolved.

Do you know any  other possible causes?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,907 Views)