cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6001 ContGenVoltageWfm_ExtClk

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I have just received USB-6001 and was trying to go though the demo examples. The question is about "ContGenVoltageWfm_ExtClk". Based on my understanding, there should be no AO signal while no pulse train supplied to defined sample clock source (/PFI0). However, AO signal is still generated as if it's running internal onboard clock. I am using Examples\DotNET4.5.1. Does USB-6001 support external sample clock? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skuo1008

Hello,

The NI 6001 Specification do not mention external trigger. To compare with an other product, here is the NI USB-6211 Specifications. On page 9, there is a section External Digital Trigger. for Analog output function, PFIs can be used as Start Trigger, Pause Trigger, Sample Clock or Sample Clock Timebase.

This let me think that external clock for analog output is not supported by NI 6001. Check if with the example, there is a list of supported hardware.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,375 Views)

I have tried with external start trigger by PFI0, but not arm start trigger since it will generate error. I would assume it will do the same thing to prevent user from using external sample clock, but obviously it just ignores that attribute input. There are specific examples to differentiate external ("ContGenVoltageWfm_ExtClk") or internal ("ContGenVoltageWfm_IntClk") clocks and it leads me to assume USB-6001 being capable of using external sample clock. I don't see the list of hardwares that support sample clock feature in the examples which comes with the device. Could someone help by pointing out where I can find the list and confirm no external clock for USB-6001? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,364 Views)