From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two PWM cont. train pulses with NI-6025

I need to generate two independent 300Hz continuous pulse trains with ability to change duty cycles (e.g. 80% for 100ms, and than 100% for 1s; should be able to go as low as 5% duty cycle). Can I do it with two 6025 counters?
I need two run two groups of DC motors (4 motors in each group) If that's not possible with 6025, what would be the most affordable solution? (I also have SCXI-1000 in my system, for data acquisition)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,291 Views)
Dear Tour -- the 6025E card will support changing the duty cycle dynamically. The way you do this is to use the property node for the DAQmx channel and select counter output --> Frequency --> duty_cycle. This property is settable while running. Hence you can modify it in any way you please. If you would like to change any more properties during run time, look up help for the particular property and it will tell whether this particular property is settable while running.

About the question whether you can have two counters running independantly -- you definitely can. Use DAQmx to configure two tasks and configure both for counter output and modify their respective property nodes during run time.

Thanks - VNIU
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,291 Views)
Just to add to what Voraciousniuser said, you can definetely do it. However, you will need to inculde both counter within the same task because you are not allowed to start two different tasks on the same device at the same time.

Thanks.
Serges Lemo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,291 Views)