From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger NI 9223 through PFI on Chassis cDAQ-9188

Dear all,

I am currently using NI 9223 with cDaq 9188. I have seen in the NI 9223 specs that it does not provide any type of trigger. However, thorugh PFI on chassis cDAQ 9188 I have seen it could be done. Is this right? What type of signal do I have to input trough the PFI port to trigger the signal in terms of voltage and time? Could I accomplish pre-trigger (acquire some samples before the trigger signal is set in the PFI port) with NI 9223 trough the PFI on the cDAQ? .

Thank you very much!

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,370 Views)

Hi Juan,

You are correct that you can trigger task through the PFI ports on the cDAQ 9188. The voltage input range is from -20V to +25V with a max input frequency of 1MHz as per pages 4 and 5 of the 9188 manual. Are you looking to use an analog or digital trigger? Pretriggering is possible from the 9188 and is explained here on page 4-5. For the actual triggering itself I would advise following a format similar to that displayed in this white paper.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Happy Holidays,
Gavin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,301 Views)