From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tradition DAQ Library Problem

I have a CVI 5.5.1 application that was working on a XP test station up until a few days ago, until it started crashing at exactly the same point during execution.  I am trying to debug the app but I am having problems with the 'Dig_In_Line' function that should be in a Traditional NI-DAQ Library.  When the project is compiled, an error message is displayed with the "Dig_In_line@16 in files...." error message.  For some reason the library is not listed in the project files and it is not in user library paths.  This should be a standard library - how do I find the library and reference it in my project.

The DAQ card is a PCI-6305.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,564 Views)

Hi crouseb,

I am not really sure what happened with your system.  As you stated everything was working, so your code is probably functional.  However, something obviously happened that caused the change.  It seems to be that maybe a reference to a nidaq.dll is missing or something along those lines.

One thing I would recommend is try running one of the examples for a digital line operation.  You should be able to find them in a folder path similar to this: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples

Are the errors that you are getting related to a compilation issue or are you actually getting back some errors stating that something is going wrong when you are running the code?  We will have to narrow the issue down and find out more specifically what changed to make the working application no longer functional.  Once we have found what the root of the problem is we can find a solution to fix it.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,542 Views)