From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocouple offset error w/ CJC

So at a range of +-0.2 V, and the PCI-6221 has a 16 bit ADC, the ADC's code width (smallest detectable change) is equal to (0.2 -(-0.2)/2^16 = 6.1 µV.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,845 Views)

Let me check to see if setting to K-type changes the range. That may just adjust the way the cold junction compensation performs.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,843 Views)

I believe that using a temperature acquisition will be more beneficial than regular analog input. You're right in that it should configure the device accordingly.

I'm sure you have, but did you configure the board to have that accessory in NI MAX by right clicking on the PCI-6221 and choosing 'Configure'?

Have you tried creating a task in NI MAX and observing the channel temperature value when you click 'Run'?

What is the value you have for CJC Source, Constant, Built In, or channel?

What acquisition mode? How many samples are you reading? At what rate? 

What is your lab/measurement environment like? Is your thermocouple/DAQ near any power equipment?

How long have you owned this PCI-6221? When is the last time you had it calibrated, or performed a self-calibration?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,832 Views)