Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal count is reached for counter Input task

I'm inclined to expect there's a way to do the same kind of thing in C that I posted earlier in LabVIEW.  Unfortunately, I know little about the syntax.  Just an observation that the DAQmx API's for both LabVIEW and C-family coding seem to be generally congruent.  It's rare that a hardware feature is exposed via one and not the other.

Over on the LabVIEW side, there are also a number of restrictions about combining properties for CI and CO in the same task.  In fact, you generally can't.  Sometimes I just try stuff, partly b/c I still remember the hardware features available through the old driver back in Y2K era and figure most of them are probably still supported *somehow*.  In other words, I agree it isn't obvious on the surface how to determine what combinations of properties are allowed.  I wouldn't say you're missing anything, at least not anything you should expect to notice.

Here, I suspect after the fact that there's a clue in the property name.  The specific important distinction appears to be that the Output Terminal and Behavior properties are categorized in terms of signal routing ("Export Signal property node") rather than directly in terms of an output task.  That's a bit of a guess though.  All I'm sure of is that the code I posted worked the way I described.  I expect there's a way to program the same behavior in C but I couldn't do it myself.

Anyone else out there know the C syntax for this?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 11 of 11
(599 Views)