Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TESTING DAQ FOR DAMAGE WITHOUT USING THE INTERNET

Hi,

How do I test whether my DAQ card is damage free without using the internet?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,440 Views)
Hello,

what do you mean by "damage free"? If you give me a little bit more insight on your application I should be able to help you out.

Thanks,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,418 Views)
Run diagnostics on it in MAX
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,401 Views)
How to RUN diagonistic in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,376 Views)
Hello,

The test that AnalogKid2DigitalMan was referring to is in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Go to my My system =>Data Neighborhood => Devices and Interfaces => NI-DAQmx devices or Traditional DAQ. Look for your board and select Self Test. This will tell you if your board is having problems or not.

Another way to test your board would be by using the E-series Self-Diagnostic VI. You can use this VI only if you have an E-series board and if you are using LabVIEW. I am attaching the VI below.

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,355 Views)
A friend of mine tested the DAQ card this way. He brought along a FUNCTION GENERATOR with LED's. He made a LV VI and connected the FUNCTION GENERATOR to the DAQ card. He then put the LV VI in RUN mode. The LED'S light up in a certain pattern. He then changed the LV VI and again put into RUN. The LED's light up differently. Is the DAQ board okay?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,338 Views)
LV1958

What did your friend say? Was it OK or not? Sorry to be blunt, bet we are not telepaths here. With out posted code or specific details on hardware connections, we can only guess, and very poorly at that.

I realize you have very little experience to all of this and it is a concept new to you. It was a bit of a mind shift when I was trying to learn LV coming from a textual-based language background. Maybe it would be best to hire a consultant if feasible or crack open the books, take the tutorials, slow down and get your feet with with baby steps before commiting to a full blown application. But sometimes time does not permit that. If you have made commitments to a customer or fellow employee, do they understand the difficulties you are having in this application?

Just some friendly words of advice.

-Pete
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,329 Views)
I checked my DAQ 6025E card in the PC's SYSTEM PROPERTIES ----> DEVICE MANAGER. It says that this device is functioning properly. Is that a good way to test the DAQ card?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,286 Views)
Hello,

No, that's not a good way to test your board; that only tells you that there is a device connected to the PCI Bus of your computer. As I mentioned before, the best way of testing your board is by going to Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Go to my My system =>Data Neighborhood => Devices and Interfaces => NI-DAQmx devices or Traditional DAQ. Look for your board and select Self Test. This will tell you if your board is having problems or not. You can also go to the Test Panels and read voltages from your channels.

Another way to test your board would be by using the E-series Self-Diagnostic VI. You can use this VI only if you have an E-series board and if you are using LabVIEW. I attached a copy of that VI in my past thread.

Do you have NI-DAQ installed by any chance? If not, you can download it from here
Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,260 Views)
I am unable to follow your suggestion.

When I RUN MAX AUTOMATION, I get this!

NIMAX has caused an error in RPCRT4.DLL
NIMAX will now close.

What shall I do? I have once seen someone testing the DAQ board with a NI Probe. What is it? What shall I do?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,223 Views)