From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous 2 AO signals trigerred by PFI

Dear all,

I have a PFI signal (coming from a camera) which should trigger (START and STOP) synchronously a triangle AO signal and a step AO signal. I know how to trigger one AO signal but i have no clue how to proceed to trigger the 2 signals.

Could you help me

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,539 Views)

Hi Mnemo,

which card are you using?

You can put the two AO in the same task and write an array of point to which each column is associated respectively to AO1 and AO2 for example. Then you can share the trigger

exemple

regards

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,528 Views)

Dear Romain,

thanks you for the answer. I have a PCI 6733 +SCB 68.

I understand that a square waveform is a possibility  but  to create a waveform of DBL instead of sending just 1 DBL is memory consuming and time consuming. What i want to do is  just to trigger an AO which has only 2 positions (like a DO) : 0 and a certain value between 0 and 5V. The trigger is a signal from my camera and the AO that I want to trigger is a laser.

My second question is if i separate the 2 AO signal (triangle and square), how it is possible to start the 2 task synchronously with a PFI trigger

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,522 Views)