Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronized analog input output

Hi,

I am simply trying to synchronize an analog output and an analog input for a finite number of sample. I am using a DAQ USB 6211 with NI-DAQmx base on a linux machine. I have Labview 10. You can see the block diagram below ans also my VI.

For now, the programs run but does not output anything. I am using a digital oscilloscope to verify and I would see something if it was there. If I remove the "Start Trigger" icon, the program output the ramp as it should. As for the input, it always seems to be working properly.

I would appreciate any help. I am sorry if this is trivial. I tried looking at examples online but always fell on examples using NI-DAQmx and was never able to do the translation.

Thank You very much

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,875 Views)

Hello Bobino

Basically what you need to share between the two tasks is the Start Trigger and the Sample clock, however you can watch this video, this is for 2 devices but can be applied to just one. All the VI´s needed exist in the DAQmx base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8jiKuKeDI

Warm regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,857 Views)

Hi,

Thank You for the video. It was very imformative. However, I still do not understnd why my program is not working. I made some small modification in order to share the Sample clock but this does not have anything to do with my problem, and in fact, it does not solve it.

Right now, I am wondering if the Start Trigger is done properly even though I have seen it done like this in examples online. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank You very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,847 Views)