cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of pulse generation and digital edge counting with one PCI-6229

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am using PCI-6229 and labivew 8.0 to simultaneously generate two pulse trains and count digital event (one CI). The two generated pulse trains have different initial delays, and retriggerable configuration and 80MHz timebase for tick clock are used for high time accuracy purpose. However, when these two functions-pulse generation and edge counting- are combined into a single vi, pulse generation is functioning but edge counting is not. Any suggestion on this? My vi is attached below. 
Thank you in advance! 
diagram1.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt11

Your M-series board only has 2 counters -- that's why you can't perform 3 tasks.  Here's at

least one other idea you might consider.

Consider the task where you want to count rising edges of a particular signal.  You can probably

do that by wiring to a line on digital port 0, and making a DI task based on "change detection."

You can then just keep track of how many samples have been taken which will give you the

same number as counting the edges with a counter task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,870 Views)

Thank you, Kevin. Problem was solved by following your suggestion. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,846 Views)