From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from cFP to cDAQ

I'm switcing over from many years of successful use of NI cFieldPoint hardware and over to cDAQ hardware.
This seems to be not unproblematic however. Setting up the old FP subroutines, I could use the
"FP IO Point"-control in the interface, and let the user set up and configure what channels
to use for whitch purpose, rather free and dynamic. These references to the channels can
be mixed and matched, and I can read and write one channel at the time all over the program
without any restrictions. Splendid system, rather dynamic. Works like a charm.

Now, this doesn't exactly seem to be the case with the DAQmx Physical Channel control, as I would prefer to use,
since I want to let the user pick and configure channels in a dynamic system. Behind the screen I'm forced to
use the Task as a reference when starting to read and write the signals, and thats when it gets tricky.
If I use one task on one channel, and I start that task before a loop that reads the channel, I cannot use
any other channels on that hardware normally, cause the task occupies the resources on the hardware.
This forces me to read all channels on that hardware in one task. So it looks as the dynamic system possible under
FieldPoint is not possible with cDAQ. Any thought and ideas around the issue ?

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,574 Views)