From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone drivers for USB 6008

Hello, all.
So here's my problem:  I am running an experiment that must be on a Windows 98 machine for various reasons, and I want to take some additional data using a USB 6008 device. I know that NI-DAQmxBase isn't supported on Win98, but I don't think I should need the full system, as I've already written a portable C executable on an XP machine, and can modify it over there if need be.  However, the USB 6008 can't locate the necessary drivers to install on a machine if DAQmxBase isn't installed first.  My question is whether there is some way to install the USB 6008 without having the full DAQmxBase installation present, i.e. if there is some sort of standalone driver somewhere that I could download, or perhaps a way to do things using VISA or some other lower level interface (though I would hate to have to resort to that.)  Any help will be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,634 Views)
HEPatUTstudent,
Unfortunately there is no way to use the 6008 with Windows 98.  Even on a supported OS you still either have to use DAQmxBase or the full DAQmx driver -- there isn't a stand alone driver for specific devices.

The 6008/9 were recently added to the full version of the NI-DAQmx driver in version 7.5, so if you can move to at least Windows 2000 you would be able to program the 6008 in the same API as every other NI DAQ device that is supported by DAQmx. 

Hope this helps!

Regards
Doug Mumford
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,615 Views)