From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square Wave Analysis (Hardware)

Hi Guys

I wonder if any of you could suggest a Oscilliscope or DAQ that i could use for square wave analysis. I need the hardware to communicate with Labview.

I have two 5V square wave signals that are out of phase with each other by around 15 degrees. The total signal consists of 40 square wave pulses per channel. I need to measure the length of time for each pulse on both of the channels. I need to varify that there is 40 pulses per channel, i also need to be able to measure the phase shift between every pulse on each channel. The frequency of the square wave signal is around 100hz. 

Can anyone recommend a scope or DAQ that i could use for this application.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,676 Views)

How much resolution do you need for the phase measurement?  If a pulse is missing or an extra pulse occurs, are tehy of the same duration as the valid pulses or can they be shorter or longer? How much noise, ringing, or overshoot occurs on the pulse signals? What is the rise time of the pulses (and fall time if not symmetric)?

After the 40 pulses occur, how much time elapses before the next batch? Is there any kind of trigger signal available? 

Answers to these will determine the minimum sampling rate required and will constrain the amount and type of processing necessary to make the measurements you need. It could be fairly straightforward. or it could be quite complicated.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,661 Views)