From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specified operation cannot be performed while the task is running. Task Name: ClockTriggerBit

I am trying to set the timing for digital line on 6221. As recommended in the documentation "NI DAQ MX C reference guide" I stop the task, run the following:

DAQmxCfgOutputBuffer

DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming (taskHandle, "ao/SampleClock", 100, DAQmx_Val_Rising, DAQmx_Val_FiniteSamps, 10);

DAQmxWriteDigitalLines

DAQmxStartTask -> this is when I get the warning 4294766817. Why?

Any better way to set the sample clock? I need to do it using internal clock in 6221.

Thank You,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,172 Views)
Did you try starting the task before writing?
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,171 Views)

Oh yes - with another error/warning telling me not to. Also in an example code that is the sequence - stop, set up, write, start.

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,167 Views)
Huh. I guess we need input from someone more knowledgeable. Sorry.
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,163 Views)

Hello Metrikos,
I've got a couple things.  First, could you be more specific as to where in the DAQmx C Reference Help you are referring to.  Secondly, attached is an example of corellated digital input with analog input.  I know this isn't exactly what you are trying to do, but it might give you a good reference. 
-Alan A.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,151 Views)
Thank You Alan,

I've been away for a few days and could not try your code. I'll try it as soon as I can, but already see the potential solution to my problem - I need to use analog clock, as it seems there is no internal clock for digital.

As far as your question - I am not sure an realy do not want to go searching. It was either a line in help or something a warning text said.

Again, thank You!Insert Smilies

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,140 Views)

That's correct.  I should have mentioned this before, but there is no dedicated digital timing engine on M Series devices.  So to perform timed digital operations, you have to use another clock source, like analog in or out, a counter, or an external source. 
-Alan A.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,128 Views)