Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating output of SSI absolute encoder

Hello. 

I need help to generate code to simulate SSI absolute encoder. I found a lot of examples how to read encoder, but I need inverse of it.

The DUT will generate clock, and it requires input from encoder. I am trying to use labview to generate data to simulate encoder and send it to DUT.

I was going to use USB DAQ 6343

Should I just connect clock to PHI IO and use it as an internal clock to send binary data using digital output pin?

THank you for any help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,523 Views)

You need to be more specific with the encoder (Complete Part Number).  Could you put together a schematic showing your intent with system layout / configuration and attach it here?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,490 Views)

I thing in my case part number of encoder is not important. For example it could be Zelltex INC-3-75.

I am trying to use DAQ as encoder. I need to generate waveform show in picture.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.08.50 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,468 Views)

How many bits (n) will you be sending?  Also, will the encoder you will use support the 'Error Flag'?  The Part Number has included in it this information. 

You can create a WHILE loop to handle each data block.   Remember that data is stable during the falling edge of the clock.  It is shown that when the rising edge of clock occurs that data changes; that is for simplicity (visually) and to ensure data stability at the falling edge of clock.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,466 Views)

The DUT master generates the clock, and the encoder simulation has to send the serial data back in sync with the DUT master clock. Did you manage to get this card (NI 6343) to provide the synchronised data; if so how?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,186 Views)