From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting IEX Source and IEX Value

I am using a PCI 4472, 8 Channel analog input board with signal conditioning capabilities, to measure the acceleration from Endevco 256-100 accelerometers. In labview I am creating a task and setting up channels using the expres VI (max). I know that the accels require excitation, but I am not sure what settings to put in IEX Source and IEX Value. where should I look for this information?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,456 Views)
Hi Yoz!

These settings will be specific to the transducer that you are using and the excitation info should be found on it's datasheet. If you don't have these I would recommend visiting the companies website.

I suspect you will require an external source, but do check!

Hope this helps you out.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,456 Views)
Yoz,

Actually, if you refer to the 4472 user manual on page 2-9, there is an explanation of how to enable current excitation. Also, I attached an example of how to do this in LabVIEW 7 using DAQmx calls. This example is also available in the LabVIEW example finder. I hope this helps out, have a good day!

<-*DrkOvrlord*->
Message 3 of 3
(4,456 Views)