From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving acquired data

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,799 Views)

Min-

You're going to have to give us a bit more information in order to allow us to help you out.

Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,788 Views)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response. I am currently doing a heart sound analyzer project. I am using NI USB 6008 DAQ Board to acquire signal continuously. The sensor I used to acquired the signal of a heart sound is an electronic stethoscope which then send the signal to the DAQ board. I am new to labview 7.1. I have tried saving the acquired signal into a wav file but than when i browse open my program, the waveform i get is not the same as what i have seen from my previous acquired signal. Then I notice that because in the first place, my signal acquired is in voltage level in 1D array format then when I save the signal as a wav file, I actually convert it into a wav file format which lead to this problem. Also my sampling rate has been configured as 10000 when I am doing the data acquisition and displaying on Waveform graph but when I save this data as a .wav file, I am using 11025 for the rate instead. Therefore when I do a readback, I am reading the data in a different form when it was displayed. So I wish to know is there any other way to improve my program?  I also wish to know is there a way to save the acquired signal into a waveform?

Do you have any sample vi on saving the waveform of the acquired signal? Can you send those samples to me? It would be best if you can troubleshoot my program.

Thanks alot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,780 Views)

Hi min-

Brett's suggestions in this thread are exactly what I would suggest.  Please keep in mind that, as he said, your device will not be able to sample at rates higher than 10kS/s.  This means that you will not be able to acquire or save an accurate representation of the data at 11025 kS/s.

Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,765 Views)