From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save MAX config. when upgrading to DAQ 7.3?

I am upgrading a system to LabVIEW 7.1 and NI-DAQ 7.3. Previously it ran an Application Builder-built EXE file and NI-DAQ 6.9.2f (?). We are turning it into a development box. Since it is already configured for its old task, is there any way to save the MAX channel configurations and re-import them to the new version of MAX, once we uninstall the old NI-DAQ software and install NI-DAQ 7.3? The DAQ quick start guide says that the old version must be removed, this is why I am asking.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,405 Views)
Greetings Dave,

To save Traditional NI-DAQ virtual channels:

Open MAX and go to Tools »Traditional NI-DAQ Configuration»Save Configuration As.

Save your current configuration to a file and close MAX.

Note: When you launch MAX, it searches for the name of the last active configuration file and uses that file as the new data source. Any changes you make in MAX are automatically saved to the file. Saving the configuration file also sets the new file as the active configuration file. So, if you do not want to use your saved configuration file the next time you open MAX, you can either change the active configuration file the next time you open MAX or simply rename the file you just saved. If you choose the second option, MAX will not find the last active
configuration file and will create a new configuration file.

To use saved Traditional NI-DAQ virtual channels:

Open MAX and go to Tools»Traditional NI-DAQ Configuration »Set Active Configuration.

Browse to and select the saved file.

Note: When you set the active configuration to a saved file, remember that MAX will use that file as its new source until you use another configuration file or change the file name.

Hope this helps,
Anuj D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,405 Views)
Okay, I have saved off the configuration to a file. (I have also manually copied as much of the configuration to paper as I can)

The next question I have is, can I take the file I saved in MAX 6.9.2f and load it in to MAX 7.3?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,405 Views)