From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI chassis not configurable

Good day,

i'm not able to change or select the proper/new Daq device to be connected to our "old" SCXI chassis.

see attachement.

I want to select Dev2 (usb 6361 daq) to be the chassis communicator. It doesn't appear in the drop down list. Only the simulated DMM (4065) appears ?????

regards,
Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,376 Views)

Hi Koen,

My name is Joshua Young and I am from the Applications Engineering department at National Instruments UK.

Just to clarify some details, you have a SCXP 1001 chassis and want to use an NI USB-6361 as a chassis communicator in order to acquire data. When setting up in NI MAX you are unable to select the device in the drop down menu.

I have looked into the compatibility of the SCXI 1001 and X series cards. Unfortunately, the USB-6361 is not able to be used as a communicator with your chassis, hence why you cannot see it in the drop down menu. It only seems to be the USB-62XX devices from the USB range that are compatible with the SCXI-1001.

If you would like any more information on possible hardware solutions I would gladly help.

Kind regards,

Joshua Young

Applications Engineer

National Instruments UK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,301 Views)

Actually, support for SCXI over USB was added with the release of mass termination USB-62XX devices, but it's not exclusive to that group of products anymore.  The USB-6361 that Koen is using can be used as a chassis communicator.

Koen,

It looks like your system is not properly recognizing the 6361 as a Data Acquisition Device.  What happens if you try to self-test it in MAX?  What does it look like in Windows Device Manager?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,273 Views)

Good day,

the selftest succeeded ok & in the device manager usb6361 is seen as NI DAQ working properly.

Though not selectable/viewable in drop down for chassis communicator.

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,205 Views)

I now inserted a PCI 6221 NI card and I also can not select this card as chassis communicator.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,995 Views)