Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI chassis not configurable

Good day,

i'm not able to change or select the proper/new Daq device to be connected to our "old" SCXI chassis.

see attachement.

I want to select Dev2 (usb 6361 daq) to be the chassis communicator. It doesn't appear in the drop down list. Only the simulated DMM (4065) appears ?????

regards,
Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,356 Views)

Hi Koen,

My name is Joshua Young and I am from the Applications Engineering department at National Instruments UK.

Just to clarify some details, you have a SCXP 1001 chassis and want to use an NI USB-6361 as a chassis communicator in order to acquire data. When setting up in NI MAX you are unable to select the device in the drop down menu.

I have looked into the compatibility of the SCXI 1001 and X series cards. Unfortunately, the USB-6361 is not able to be used as a communicator with your chassis, hence why you cannot see it in the drop down menu. It only seems to be the USB-62XX devices from the USB range that are compatible with the SCXI-1001.

If you would like any more information on possible hardware solutions I would gladly help.

Kind regards,

Joshua Young

Applications Engineer

National Instruments UK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,281 Views)

Actually, support for SCXI over USB was added with the release of mass termination USB-62XX devices, but it's not exclusive to that group of products anymore.  The USB-6361 that Koen is using can be used as a chassis communicator.

Koen,

It looks like your system is not properly recognizing the 6361 as a Data Acquisition Device.  What happens if you try to self-test it in MAX?  What does it look like in Windows Device Manager?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,253 Views)

Good day,

the selftest succeeded ok & in the device manager usb6361 is seen as NI DAQ working properly.

Though not selectable/viewable in drop down for chassis communicator.

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,185 Views)

I now inserted a PCI 6221 NI card and I also can not select this card as chassis communicator.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,975 Views)