Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAE J2716 (SENT) Protocol

Hello FSAHMED, you have realized the same I wana do actually. Does your interface work stable? Would you sell your code - or would you give it to me for free? I need such a interface to check some sensors with Labview code.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(3,799 Views)

THX

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(3,443 Views)

Sorry for the rather too late a reply. The code is free and stable as far as I have tested. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(3,439 Views)

This is a late post, but if anyone else is searching for SENT related info this might be helpful. 

We use any M-series DAQ (6211, ..., 6341, etc.) with counter inputs (counter Gate input specifically) set up to read pulse periods between falling edges with s/w debounce filtering. We buffer the pulse periods, then process the data per the SENT spec. Buffering allows us to grab ~1 second worth of data before processing, this way you don't need a deterministic system like the cRIO or FPGA. Works great. I cannot share the code because it belongs to the company I work for, not me, but if you have specific questions about implementation I can try to help.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(3,330 Views)

Hello,

i could need your SENT reading code, because i have a project to analyze a SENT frame. Can you send me the Code?

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(3,202 Views)

Sorry, the question goes to fsahmed.

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(3,200 Views)

Hello,

We get our message in an array. This means every message is an element in the array.

Does anyone have in interpreter ready to decode the signal (FastChannel and SlowChannel)?
This is the most common readout:
1 status nibble + 3 data ch1 nibbles + 3data ch2 nibbles + 1 crc nible.

Kind regards

Wouter

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(3,032 Views)

Hi MLXCE,

As far as I know, there isn’t an interpreter for the SENT protocol in LabVIEW that doesn’t use the FPGA toolkit. If I were you, I’d try searching the NI Developer Community (https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/zone) and possibly the Instrument Driver Network (http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/) to see if there are any available resources.

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(3,012 Views)

Hello Martzak,

I'm trying to get angular information from a sensor usign SENT without any FPGA or cRIO.

I have got a M-series DAQ (PCI 6250) and your solution seems to be suited to my application.

I would have some specification if possible.

How do you proceed to get the period of each part of your signal ?

Regards

Nicolas  

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(2,761 Views)

Hi nicolgn,                    

I am also trying SENT protocol with sensor using DAQmx counter and facing problems.Is your problem solved?can u guide me how to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(2,325 Views)