Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve the serial of DAQ-Cards

Hello,

I´m programming a little tool to retrieve information about the pc system on which my LV App will be installed.

I´m using VB6 i am dealing with the API of the traditional
DAQ Functions in "NIDAQ32".DLL". for retrieving the serialnumber of my 6024E DAQ-cards I´m using the Getdeviceinfo - function. the funny thing is, wenn i´m executing my app on my programming pc with the exact HW-configuration compared with my control-PC, I get the HW-serials. but if I transfer my tool to the control system-pc, the function returns NOERROR and a serial of 0. On both systems the whole NI-DAQ 7.4 driversoftware is installed and in MAX configurated. I´m not sure what i´m doing wrong. The only difference between the systems is on the programming pc is the LV-developing environment installed, on the control pc it is not.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,445 Views)
As you are programming in VB6 there shouldn't be a side effect from the LV installation. Here are some questions to narrow down the issue:
  1. Does your 6024E work in the traditional DAQ test panel on your target PC?
  2. Apart from getdeviceinfo() are there other DAQ functions that work correctly on your target PC?
  3. Have you double checked that the device number you pass to the function is correct?
  4. Could you provide some code (executable + source code) to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,430 Views)