Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading current and voltage simultaneously on USB 6002

I've created VI and have some issues incorporating voltage reading to my amphere measurement. I have both channel 0 and 1 set to measure current while chn 2 & 3 read voltage. The program displays the continuous data for current just fine but there is absurd measurement for voltage. How do I implement both reading successfully with 2 graphs showing both current and voltage true live readings?

Please see attached VI and screenshot of results. The applied voltage was 3.07V but is showing in the kilovolt range.

P.S. Apologies for my disorganized wiring

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,526 Views)

Hi TJ619,

Whenever I see strange readings like this, there are two things that I check first:

1) The wiring of my device's inputs. It's possible that something is wired incorrectly into the device, or may be grounded incorrectly. Look at the suggestions in this article, then go over your connections, and verify that everything is connected the way it should be.

2) Determine whether you see the same results in a MAX Test Panel. If MAX shows the expected voltage, but LabVIEW doesn't, double-check your task's scaling settings.

You can also try verifying the input voltage with a DMM, to make sure that you're sending in the voltage you expect.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,462 Views)

Thanks but the problem was the multiplier. I had it set to change from Amps to miliAmps times by 1000. When I do this, the voltage setting was multiplied as well. I used the split array to take the two channels separately but it for some reason it programs both inputs at the same time. Any way to solve this?

Also, the voltage chart is not responding to the loop. Current chart does. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,454 Views)

Took a look at your code just now, to see if I could tell why one chart works and the other doesn't, but it's very hard to read. The biggest thing that I noticed is that you have very little documentation- free labels to tell about which parts of the code do what, as well as owned labels for describing individual elements could go a long way toward making your code more readable.

If you can make a smaller, simplified example of what you're trying to do, it would make it much easier for others to help you determine why your two charts are behaving differently. As it is, there is far too much going on to sort out what may be going wrong.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,430 Views)