From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Multiple 9181 Chassis Simultaneously

I am designing a new project and I need to know if I can get away with purchasing 2 9181 chassis instead of one 9188 chassis.  I will be using a 9213 for thermocouple readings and a 9208 for 4-20mA current readings.  The signals dont nee to be syncronized and will only have to read once a minute or so.  My question is whether or not I can read the signals from both chassis at the same time through MAX and easily imput into a LabVIEW program.  

I am currently using a single 9188 to accomplish the same tasks at a different location but am trying to cut costs on the next project.  The 9184 is not an option due to the software version I am running. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,968 Views)

Hi rifenbug,

Yes, you can do this easily in MAX or LabVIEW using DAQmx. You could literally just copy/paste togeter a thermocouple shipping example and a current input shipping example, although you'll probably want to customize and optimize a little bit from there. Just keep in mind that by cutting costs now, you're increasing the cost when you want to expand your application to include more than 2 modules. 

Give us a call at 866-275-6964 anytime between 8am-6pm CST, and we're happy to get your purchase all set up for you and answer any other questions you have.  Feel free to ask for me by name if I'm available.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,908 Views)