Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions graph/tableau real time

Hello.

In a laboratory test, our bench consists of 16 thermocouples that we connect to the NI module. The purpose of the test is to observe the rise of temperature on an electrical circuit at particular points.
We have problems with programming.
Indeed, we want to retrieve our values on an array, as well as in a chart, which displays real-time values for each channel and then save it in an EXCEL / TEXT document.
To do this, we used the DAQ command. I attach a screenshot of my VI. The problem is that we are unable to separate each channel on the chart. For the table, currently, the values are displayed one after the other, while we want the values to be displayed for the last hour. The goal is to see on the front face, the evolution of the temperature for the last hour.

Thank you for you answer.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,264 Views)

Hello.

In a laboratory test, our bench consists of 16 thermocouples that we connect to the NI module. The purpose of the test is to observe the rise of temperature on an electrical circuit at particular points.
We have problems with programming.
Indeed, we want to retrieve our values on an array, as well as in a chart, which displays real-time values for each channel and then save it in an EXCEL / TEXT document.
To do this, we used the DAQ command. I attach a screenshot of my VI. The problem is that we are unable to separate each channel on the chart. For the table, currently, the values are displayed one after the other, while we want the values to be displayed for the last hour. The goal is to see on the front face, the evolution of the temperature for the last hour.

Thank you for you answer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,239 Views)

Read the values as a 1D array of wfrm or insert a build array to make the 1D array a 2D array

or See examples on how to tell the daqmx driver to store your data...

1D data to 2d chart.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,251 Views)

Thank you Henrik_Volkers 😉

Did you know if it's possible to make the same with a tableau ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,241 Views)

You really should be logging the data as you capture it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,216 Views)

Hello crossrulz,

Thank you for your answer, but I want to see data displayed on the front face, in a tableau. I'm already writing my values in an EXCEL file with the function-"write to a delimiter file"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,201 Views)

@Jeremie.D wrote:

Thank you for your answer, but I want to see data displayed on the front face, in a tableau.

Then use a Table or a 2D array indicator .

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,180 Views)

I have already tried and it does not allow me to see all the values, but only the last sent by the thermocouple.

What I would like to achieve is a blend between Table 1 and Table 3.

Table 1 shows all values at the end of VI execution, and Table 3 shows the last value sent by the thermocouple.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,178 Views)

Use a shift register to hold the values and concatenate the new values each iteration.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,174 Views)

So, this is my VI.

The graph part is OK.

For my table, I have 1D data in output, and for display all values, i need 2D data, but if I concatenate, i don't have this condition

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,172 Views)