Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Immediate routes

I am using the DAQmx Signal Routing to connect/disconnect some PFI signals of an HSDIO but I was wondering if there was a means to query already active routes.  Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,797 Views)

Hi paulmw,

When you say 'active routes', are you referring to routes on which a signal or data is currently being transferred? The best way to do this in MAX would be to open up a test panel for the device. Which HSDIO card are you using?

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,774 Views)

Maybe I should have started this post on the LabVIEW board...

Anyway, I am using "DAQmx Connect Terminals.vi" and "DAQmx Disconnect Terminals.vi" to create routes between a source and destination terminal on an HSDIO PFI pins.

I want to progmatically query the status of routes.  The current situation is that if I attememt to make an incompatible connect due to an earlier connection I get an error.  I would like to query the connections and disconnect them first if possible.

The HSDIO cards I need to support are PXIe-6556 and PXI-6541.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,739 Views)

Hi paulmw,

There isn't a function in the DAQmx API to query which terminals have already been connected. There are a couple of options to take into consideration here, although I won't jump to a conclusion as to which is best since I'm not too familiar with your application yet.

1.) You can disconnect all active routes by resetting your device, and this can be done programmatically. It may be a good idea to have this device reset occur at the beginning of your application's execution. At the bottom of this post, I've included a link to a KnowledgeBase article which shows how to do this programmatically.

2.) If the end user is specifying terminals to connect, you could implement some error handling to throw an error if the user tries to connect a terminal which is already part of an active route (i.e. return that error you've been receiving to the end user).

I'm guessing this is an application where either an end user or some automated process determines which terminals to connect? In general, I recommend disconnecting all of the connections you've made at the end of your application's execution--however, this could involve keeping a list of the active connections if there are going to be many of them which are determined programmatically.

How Can I Perform a Reset/Self-Test of My DAQmx Device Programmatically?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/124D580AE300335E86256FDD006CE798

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
Message 4 of 4
(3,716 Views)