Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototyping Board Power on the NI Elvis II won't turn on

Solved!
Go to solution

After connecting a different prototyping board to the Elvis, the power for the prototyping board has stopped working on the Elvis. Even when I reconnect the NI Elvis Series Prototyping Board to the Elvis it will not work. The LED in the upper right corner of the board won't even light up indicating that it's sending power to the board. Although the USB Active LED will light up still when the board is turned on.

I have checked and replaced the fuse for the Elvis and it still does not work. I hvae also tried different prototyping boards, but the problem seems to lie within the Elvis itself.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this problem and how I might go about fixing it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,933 Views)

Are both power switches on? I recall someone else had this issue-

See the manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374628c.pdf

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,903 Views)

cgc47,

As mentioned by AnalogKid2Digi..., the first thing that we need to make sure is that you have both power switches ON. Once both of this power switches are ON, are the three LEDs corresponding to the +15V, -15V and +5V DC power supply on the left side of the Elvis protoboard ON? 

Warm Regards,

William Fernandez

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,897 Views)

When the power switches are both on, onle the USB Active light turns on

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,890 Views)

cgc47,

Please call at 866-ASK-MYNI (866-275-6964) and one of our applications engineers will help you troubleshoot the unit and possibly process an RMA.

Warm Regards,

William Fernandez

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cgc47

It's working now. We opened up the board to try and test it, and during the process it reset itself and now works. Thank you all for the responses!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,864 Views)

Same problem happened to my ni elvis ii i dont know now what to do?

Can u please guide me?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,970 Views)

Hi tnoor,

This thread is four years old so it probably won't be seen by many people. I suggest you create a new thread so that more people can see your question.

Best regards,

Misbah

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,947 Views)