Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper Ni daq for ICP sensors

I am trying to read force data from a triaxial force sensor (type 260A03) by PCB piezoelectronics. it is ICP sensor, so my readout device needs to provide a constant current exciation for the sensor (2 to 20 mA for 20 to 30 VDC). I have already compactRio modules NI 9205, NI 9401, and NI 9802 available.Wonder if I can use this to read data from my triaxial sensor. If not, what are my cheapest options?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,972 Views)

A clean 18-24V powersupply and for each sensor you need a 4mA current diode and a ~10µF  capacitor ..... 

But what is your needed bandwidth?

Picture from endevco or was is kistler or PCB ????

ICP sensor.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,968 Views)

Thanks Henrik for the reply.

The sensor is from PCB. The specifications are listed below. So, I need to make the circut myself for providing the constant current excitation for the sensor? Isn't there any simpler solution by NI?

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 10.01.40 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,964 Views)

You wrote:

Wonder if I can use this to read data from my triaxial sensor. If not, what are my cheapest options?

Thats why I posted the cheap DIY solution for analog voltage inputs already available  🙂

Just look at the NI product page for IEPE solutions ...

PCB / modal-shop  also offer USB-ICP devices ....   but I have no clue of their software or LabVIEW driver ....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,960 Views)

Thanks again.

Could you please direct me to the NI products page for IEPE solutions. I couldn't find it.

Also, Following your DIY solutions for my already available voltage inputs, I need to buy a clean power source, a NI 5314 current regulator, and 10 µF  capacitor. Is that right? Is these circut elements will work for my sensor according to the specifications that are listed above. I am asking because I do not know much about electrical circuts, and the sensor is intended to be used for calibrating other sensors, so it needs to be functioning and reading data properly and accurately.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,956 Views)

Than you should go with a NI 9232 for your compactRIO system or a USB 4432 or  enter acceleration in the product finder

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,953 Views)